The Rotary Club of Almaden Valley, chartered in 1969, has 25 to 30 men and women representing a wide cross-section of local businesses and professions. The club meets each Thursday for fellowship, lunch/dinner, and interesting and informative programs dealing with topics of local and global importance. The club is a member of Rotary District 5170 comprised of 54 clubs and approximately 4000 members.
Rotary is: SERVICE ABOVE SELF
Almaden Valley Rotary is very proud of:
- 100% Paul Harris Fellows as a goal
- Sponsor of five Interact clubs,
Oak Grove, Valley Christian, Branham, Pioneer and Leland
- Scholarships to local high schools
- Sponsor of Camp RYLA students
- Sponsor of Speech contest candidates
- Support of local Boy Scout Eagle Projects
The 5170 District Governor is Ramesh Hariharan
The Rotary International President is Mark Daniel Maloney
A very good Rotary video:
President Ken Travernier announced his board for year 2019-2020:
- President-Elect: Ken Travernier
- Past President: Gregg Consentino
- Secretary: Jerry Gibson
- Treasurer: Miles Yamamoto
- Rotary Foundation: John Baker
- International: Bill Bynum
- Services Projects: Rebecca Boylan
- Membership: Dave Olson
- Sergeant of Arms: Brian O'Brien
The Rotary Club of Almaden Valley is moving AGAIN!! We are going back to the Fish Market. We meet every Thursday at 12:15pm. The Fish Market is located at 1007 Blossom Hill Rd, San Jose, Calif. 95123.
The current GRAPEVINE is a capsulation of last week's meeting and any other goings on.
And click Here for the past Grapevines.
Our history is chronicled in Photo
Albums which include all of our past and present events.
A detailed Calendar of all events and meetings going on at the club:
- Grateful Garment, Blanchard, 7/25
- YMCA, Therault, Valdez, Ho, 8/1
- Camp RYLA Participants, 8/8
- Prostrate Cancer, D'Ardenne, 8/15
- Regular Metting, 8/22
- AV Art & Wine Festival, 9/15